top of page
hemet fair.jpg

Our Fair History

1913-First Riverside County Fair was held at Chamawa Park in Riverside. It continued at various locations until 1917.

1918-The Southern California Fair Association was created. The fair was called the Southern California Fair .
It continued until 1926.

1927-The State created the 46th District Agricultural Association.The fair continued to be called the  Southern California Fair and ran until 1930.

1931-The Board of Directors signed an agreement that would combine the Los Angeles County Fair with the SoCal fair. Because of this, there was NO official county fair in Riverside until 1946..

1936-The 46th District Agricultural Association sponsored the largest turkey show in the county. It was called Hemet Utility Turkey Show and it was held just prior to Thanksgiving. During the early years of the Turkey Show, the committee was headed by Jay C. Loomis who became known as the "father of the Fair.".

1941 thru 1945-- No fairs were held because of World War II.

1947-The 46th District Agricultural bought 40 acres on the corner of Palm and Florida in Hemet and the fair became know as the Farmers Fair. It stayed at this location though 1986.

1946-The Turkey Show returned and was held at Ryan Air field..

1987-The big move to Lake Perris but it continued to be called the Farmers Fair.

2003-Satellite Wagering opened at the Lake Perris Fairgrounds.

2005-The name was changed to the southern California Fair.

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • LinkedIn
  • Instagram
Hemet Farmers Fair has something for Everybody.jpeg
bottom of page